Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cards of Christmas Past

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time parting with old Christmas cards. They're so beautiful, and I often have great hopes for a second life for them. A few years back, I discovered that you can turn them into Christmas ornaments to hang from your tree, or, in my case, display in a large glass vase. I've also found that they meet the criteria for a small "d" decorating scheme. And best of all, these ornaments are easy enough for kids to make. You simply cut cards into quarter-inch strips, punch a whole on either end of the strips with a hole punch, and secure the strips through the holes with a brad. You then fan out the strips to create a globe shape. That's it. Those of you who are uber crafters, may prefer a more sophisticated ornament pattern. You can find one here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment