Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Secret Elf

Somewhere along the way, my son got the idea that Christmas was about getting stuff (I know, you're surprised). That's been a difficult notion to budge. I could have kissed his second-grade teacher last year when my son came home with a book whose main character decided to be a "secret elf" and conduct a simple random act of kindness for a classmate. In the story, this act of kindness inspires other classmates to do the same. The book (whose title escapes me and my attempts to find it through a Google search) inspired my son, and a new tradition was born. His secret elf adventures currently involve taping a piece of candy to a note and slipping these notes into his classmates' desks when they aren't looking. Simple, right? But delicious fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment