Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Handmade Holidays (but only if you want to)

One of the most memorable gifts I received was handmade. I'd been preparing finger foods for Christmas Eve and discovered late in the game that I really needed a food item that had some substance to it. And then it happened. I heard someone open the front screen door. They were gone by the time I got there, but they'd left me a homemade tourtière. The timing of the gift was impeccable, and the tourtière, which I later learned was made by the husband of a friend, was the best I'd ever tasted. I don't remember any of the other gifts I got that year, but I remember this friend's kind gesture.

So, in honour of kind gestures, my son and I spent the weekend making gifts. He wasn't interested in making anything at first, but that soon changed when I brought out the glitter. Because we love ornaments at our house, some of our favourite people are getting these pumpkin seed poinsettias. Don't tell.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment